SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurelzito

Liberate yourself from Starbucks

Laurel Zito
13 years ago

I gave up on trying to get Starbucks coffee grounds after years of dealing with rudeness and hostility from the staff. They don't want to collect coffee grounds because there is no money involved. Instead of UCG I got Kellogg's Amend big bags from Home depot. I mix that with kitchen scraps in large round plastic bins, and it works just as well if not better than UCG. UCG are a huge amount of work, because they are heavy and acid and have to be mixed in with everything else. I don't have a tumbler. Unless one has access to a dumpster with coffee grounds dealing with Starbucks is too much work. You have to call them first, then they go there, then they usually don't have them, they forgot, or they gave them to someone else. I should have been weeding with all the time I lost dealing with Starbucks. I never buy coffee from them either. The stuff in the bags is stale old beans, roasted months in advance. I get my coffee from Whole Foods where they roast it fresh, and tell you the date they roasted it on. I don't have to "grateful" to Starbucks, anymore. This is a great liberation.

Comments (22)