SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjlinva

Teas/Chinas after Easter Freeze..Ann?

rjlinva
16 years ago

I had planted many Teas and Chinas in my garden in the spring of 2006. Wow, did they do great! Then, in April of 2007, we had that sudden cold snap, and all my Teas and Chinas, got "winter kill" and developed loads of canker, and looked pathetic. Now that things are getting and staying rather hot, the Teas and Chinas seem to be recovering...lots of new growth, flowers, buds, etc. I'm very excited. Although I had a very wonderful first flush in May on my roses (climbers, ramblers, rugosas, Austins, gallicas, albas, etc), I really didn't have flowers on the teas or chinas. I'm thinking it was because of the cold snap, and that Teas/Chinas are just more tender. But, now, they're coming into their first flush. In a normal spring, will Teas/Chinas have their first flush with most of the others, or will they be much later? I do realize that some individual varieties of roses tend to bloom earlier or later than the majority of roses. I also know that some roses (like hugonis)will bloom a month before the majority of roses...what's the story on Teas/Chinas?

Robert

Comments (11)