SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

Had a great show season and a lot of fun!

seil zone 6b MI
12 years ago

It's rose show season this month in cold climate zones. There are two in my area. The Detroit Rose Society show was last weekend. I posted my result over on the Exhibiting forum but it's not a very frequented place. If you're interested I'll post a link to that show's results at the bottom.

This weekend was our Grosse Pointe/Metro Societies show. Metro lost their venue so they decided to join us and it really worked out well for everyone, I think. In past years they've both been on the same weekend. Fortunately ours is always on Friday and unfortunately theirs was on the next day, Saturday, so you could enter both but it made it a grueling weekend. Both groups had a good turn out of exhibitors and were well represented at the head table.

{{gwi:299960}}

And I won Mini Queen!

{{gwi:299961}}

Totally thrilled and shocked because I almost didn't cut this rose because I thought it was too tight. Snow Ruby

{{gwi:299962}}

I tried my first Challenge Class too!

{{gwi:299963}}

It didn't win but I was just excited that I had 3 pairs of minis all at once that I could enter! Never been able to do that before! Top to bottom, Lady Bren, Yantai, Snow Ruby.

My arrangement didn't do as well as last weeks. I got a second. But I switched up and clerked for arrangements instead of horticulture this year so I got to hear what the judges thought. Very interesting and I learned a lot!

A Modern Miniature Arrangement "Mexicali Rose". Rose, Isolde Hit.

{{gwi:299964}}

They didn't think my arrangement was "modern" in design and the branches were too heavy.

It was a wonderful couple of weeks, I'm glad it's over, exhausted and have a ton of things to catch up on around here that seemed to slide while I was busy with roses, lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: Detroit Rose Show Results

Comments (14)