SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
belgianpup

I've reached a new low in STUPID

Belgianpup
15 years ago

In addition to my wire mesh bins out in the garden, I have one of those bottomless black plastic ones that local communities sell for $30 or so, for quick use right off the back door (esp handy in winter).

I already had one of those compost aerating tools with the wings that fold against the shaft going down and open up to add air when you pull it up. But they tend to get caught on anything that wasn't chopped up too well. More than once I've had a real time getting it loose.

So, I dump some stuff in and realize it's past time to turn it. Like being hit by lightning, I sudden realize that the TOP is SMALLER than the BOTTOM. Instead of fluffing the contents from the top hole, all I have to do is LIFT the composter off the current pile of stuff, set it down beside where it was, and fork the standing pile of half-done compost into the barrel right alongside.

I cannot emphasize how stupid I felt. I've had this thing for almost ten years, and it took me this long to figure it out.

Dumb, dumb, dumb (shaking head in disbelief at self). Early brain death can be my only excuse. I guess I should go into politics...

Sue

Comments (6)