SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lathyrus_odoratus

They are Here!

lathyrus_odoratus
14 years ago

I opened my condo door to check the mail and there was a box sitting in front of my door. I looked quickly...yep, Priority Mail. It must be....I picked it up, read the label....YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! It's my little leaves (and the many supplies I bought to go with it. (A BIG thank you to one of my neighbors who brought the box to my door instead of leaving it in the mailroom).

OK, background. I work at home. I need to work or I can't bill my clients. I can't bill my clients, I can't get paid. Do I head back to my computer to work? Not a chance!

I get my trusting package opening thingee (for all of the Internet buying I do...) and rip into it. OK, not a rip, just a gentle cut just in case. First out come an assortment of containers - I bought for the future - then a box....HotPockets. Huh? After a few seconds, my feeble brain decided this MUST be the leaf box. I chuckled as I opened it.

Yep, leaves! But LOTS of leaves. LIke more than I expected leaves. After I finished everything and put away my wicks and Optimara Maxi thingees and pots etc., I went back to the leaves. Anastasia, check. Aca's something - gift. Hey, isn't that nice? They sent me a gift! Ann, check. Bob Serbin, check. Tony's Jennifer - hey, another gift! Allegro Coronation, check. Sugar Plum Dream, check. Apache Warbonnet - hey, another gift and one I almost bought but didn't!

I can't believe they sent me so many free leaves. I am thrilled. The service was fast, the leaves are in great shape - still moist in their little paper footies.

Only problem - I haven't gone to my studio to get my vermiculite and perlite....I may head to the store after I go back to work for awhile. It's closer to go to an Ace or True Value and pay an arm and a leg than to get to my studio (another compulsion: stained glass and a darkroom).

Since I have to pay premium for the potting stuff, I guess I have to go back to work to pay for it, lol. Drat it.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21