SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Online Nursery Reviews

TNY78
12 years ago

This spring I added 103 roses to my mix (yes seriously)...I thought I would share some of my experiences with mail order nurserys...

1)Chamblee's: My favorite! Ordered 3 times from them this spring! Roses are shipped in trade gallon containers and very healthy. Some even arrived with blloms already open! Also very good prices!

2) Wells Midsouth Roses- This is a new website that is run by Memphis hybridizer Whit Wells. The site only sells his roses which are mostly miniflora and miniature. Shipping was only $5 for 4 plants and arrived VERY fast.

3)High Country Roses- 1qt containers of very healthy roses. Priced ok, but arrived quickly. Would buy from again.

4)Heirloom Roses-These were by far the largest roses of those shipped in bands. They were very healthy. All roses are 16.95, but they run sales for 13.95.

5)Rogue Valley-Nice variety. Smaller bands, but I like the fact that if you order 4 plants you get a free plant from a list of choices and also a mystery rose (always fun!) However from my three orders..they first order was missing 2 plants, and the third order was lost and shipped a week late. I would like to add, that their errors were quickly corrected and customer service was very friendly and helpful!

6)Edmunds-Bareroot. Decent prices on web specials. Some own root, some grafted. I hate to disagree with many people, but they are my least favorite. Out of 8 roses purchased from them, 3 failed and I have not rec'd a response in regard to replacement plants.

7)Jackson & Perkins/Wayside Gardens (same company really) Excellent plants. This were my first bareroots to come out of dormancy and bloom! Prices are a little high, but they run great specials if you wait until later in the season! Very fast shipping.

8)Hirt's Gardens- They sell through Amazon. Items arrived quickly in 1qt containers. Very healthy, but have been a little slow to grow. Not bad though...all their roses were 9.99

9)Vintage Gardens- Nice band size plants. Good variety. Shipping costs would make me not want to order from them. However, if you're looking for hard to find roses, they allow you to special order for $45 per plant.

1. Spring Valley Roses-My favorite for bareroot. All are own root and absolutely HUGE!!! Prices are a little higher, but with them, you get what you pay for.

11)Pickering-Bareroot. Nice variety. I was told upfront that only smaller plants were available in the varieties I chose and they were reasonably priced. I would buy from them again, however I'm not a big fan of grafted plants.

Happy Planting!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH