SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robthomas_gw

2014 online retailer review

RobThomas
10 years ago

I know it's still early, but I'd like to hear reviews of the many online retailers. I think we can post reviews of orders we've already received this year, and add reviews as orders are received over the next several weeks. This can also give folks who still plan on placing orders some direction.

I didn't order as much this year as I have the last couple of years. So far this year:

Peaceful Valley Farms (aka groworganic.com): I only ordered strawberries. 25 Seascape and 25 Ozark Beauty. Prices were very good. $4.99 per bundle of 25. All plants appeared alive, well packaged. Two short on the Seascapes and one short on Ozark. Would order again.

Fruittreefarm.com: Like last year, I drove to the nursery which is actually Cumberland Valley Nursery. They are located about 45 minutes away. I got an exceptional bargain on 3 peach trees, 1 pluot, 1 plum, and 4 asian persimmons. Also got a nice tour of the nursery as we drove out to the field to dig my plants. Always a pleasure to deal with them, always excellent prices, and great plants.

Still waiting:

Burnt Ridge. The order should arrive sometime in March. This may be the last time I order from them. They are a real mixed bag. Order six apple trees and you may get three tiny twigs and three nice sized branched trees. Some things have had disease issues. Customer service is always great. Prices are usually very good. Will update once I receive the order.

Comments (49)