SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

Tea roses in the mist. Which are healthiest?

luxrosa
16 years ago

I live less than 1 mile from the San Francisco Bay, where mornings are misty. I crave, love, desire, and must have more Tea roses. We use Cornell or Safer, to prevent foliage disease.

I would like more Teas like "Hauselt Plot Tea" which is a bloom machine even for a Tea, and it is pretty darn healthy.

I spoke to the person who brought "Anna Ollivier" to the last Old Rose Celebration. She lives in Santa Cruz, where she said her plant always has clean folige.

Other suggestions please? Luanne, your thoughts?

Thanks, Luxrosa

For others who grow Tea roses in similar conditions:

Our Tea roses which need spraying with Cornell or Safer (made from a culinary herb from India, called "neem"), twice a month or they defoliate from mildew:

"Angels camp tea"

"Georgetown Tea"

China-Tea "Ducher" and the Tea cross "Gruss an Teplitz"

The follwing are healthy when sprayed with Cornell spray once a month

"Comtesse Emmeline de Guigne"

"Le Pactole"

"Victor Velidan" Our most fragrant Tea. It has a scent which is best described as delicious.

These 4 Teas bloom well whether or not they're sprayed, but the leaves are cleaner with Cornell sprayed 1-3 times a year.

"Hauselt Plot Tea" buxom pink blooms against deep green tapered leaves. Gorgeous next to bright white "Nastarana" I do hope "Hauselt Plot" comes into commerce, where I hope, it might be renamed "Hauselt Legacy".

"Marie Van Houtte"

"White Maman Cochet"

"Mrs. Dudley Cross"

L.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH