SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

Your 5 favorite Tea class roses.

luxrosa
16 years ago

or 10, or 20. and why you love them, if you would be so kind to take the time and share.

My top 5 favorites are:

1. "Mme. Berkeley" for color of bloom.

2. "Comtesse Emmeline de Guigne" for color of bloom and changing from a totally peach rose to a totally pink bloom from season to season.

3. "Marie Van Houtte" love that primrose yellow.

4. "Etoille de Lyon" for its'creamy light yellow hue, and seductive scent, but I'm wondering how "Pierre de Notting" compares as a garden plant, and fragrance.

5. "Susan Louise" In Berkeley, Ca theres a sublime plant of this that has a trunk like solo cane, bare of laterals until 12 feet of height,( showing the genetic influence of R. gigantea ) where an umbrella like canopy forms. It's spectacular, with the large and beautiful pink, Tea roses hanging down and the whole thing appears like something out of a fairy tale.

Really fond of, long for, and desire room for:

6. "Rosette Delizy" Luanne gave hers to a freind of mine, and I've lusted after it ever since. Perfect little blooms, with a silouette which reminds me of a strawberry.

pink and yellow. One of the smaller Teas.

7. "Angels Camp Tea" Mine "reads" in spring as a pink/cream rose, suffused with pale amber,in its' center. Then in very hot and very cold temps. turns a glacial snow white. Blooms constantly and the leaves and growth habit lean a bit more towards the China class.

8. Alliance Franco-Russe" another Tea which changes color from season to season, here. In spring it has light pink outer petals and appears as a bi-color, in summer its blooms are yellow.

9. "Francis Dubreuil" / which may or may not be a H.T. cultivar sold under this name. Rich crimson roses, high bloom count per sq. foot, which makes me think its' a Tea class rose.

1. "Duchesse de Brabant" for its warm pink blooms and the fact that it produces a full flush, here in November.

I just bought "Victor Velidan" and it's a pretty rose with an intense fragrance at its best, but varies in intensity with the weather.

I saw a Tea at S.J.H.R.G. this summer, it was c. 1-2 feet tall and sprawling 2-3 feet wide, with very pretty blooms, small and somewhat round, of golden yellow with shadings of bright orange-gold. Is this "Center Street Orange" it was on the side of a row, near the H.T. side. I desire this very much.

Thank you all so much,

Luxrosa

P.s. also love "Le Pactole" "Anna Olivier" and every Tea on earth.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County