SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fleethart

My Mother's Tricolor Beech, Gone!

fleethart
14 years ago

While I was visiting my mother I checked our old house to see how the gardens are doing and I nearly died; the people who live there now removed the old tricolor beech! How can people be so stupid?! Unbelievable!

For the last 15 years I have been looking for one for myself and nothing! They even got rid of the old azalea. It had an 8" trunk when I was little in the '70's and 80's and it was 15' x 10' big so who knows how much it has grown since then. The mountain ash, the hydrangeas, the camellia, all gone. All mature and rare specimans. It's a good thing she dug up all the smaller azaleas, roses and mountain laurels before she moved.

I can't believe what they have done. All that remains of those old gardens is the dogwood. Everything else is gone. It looks so plain and drab, just like every other landscape clone from Home Depot.

Uugh. I wish I lived closer. At least I could have taken cuttings until one rooted. If only they knew what they had.

Just needed to vent. Few understand how rare the tricolors are and even my garden friends have never seen one.

Sadly,

Fleethart

Comments (7)