SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjlinva

I haven't posted in awhile...so I thought I'd catch up

rjlinva
14 years ago

Hey guys,

I've not posted in awhile, so I thought I would drop you a note to let you know that I'm still into roses. I've reached a point where I've got "enough" roses for the time being...(around 600 named varieties) and then around 300 of my original seedlings. Although many of my roses are still quite tiny twiglets, I've lost very few roses over the last three years...maybe 5 or so. Some of the roses are doing really well; while others are still maturing.

I've decided to spend this summer filling in the gaps where companion plants are needed and more borders of liriope...just fine tuning, if you will. I'll continue to move roses around.

I've got quite a collection of roses I'm developing/evaluating in my driveway (Thanks for this new gardening practice, Connie). These will be fun to take care of. I've got a seedling of Leontine Gervais that is very fragrant...similar to Jaune Desprez but in the habit of Leontine...I think it may be a winner...it repeats!

I've also got quite a bit to do in the school's courtyard garden. We got the arbors up on Wednesday and some of the fencing. Things there are coming along nicely. Unfortunately, Bermuda grass is fairly well established. I think it will take a significant amount of Ornamec.

I'll also be propagating roses for the courtyard garden. I've got plans for a signifant number of Climbing Pinkies.

So, between my garden and the school's, I should be quite busy.

Robert

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH