SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay83

t8 lighting for african violets? please help asap!!

jay83
9 years ago

hi I need some urgent advice. I used to grow beautiful violets under the good T12. I have since gotten out of violets... but recently I decided to get back in lol. anyways I noticed everything these days has upgraded to T8..(or downgraded as ive read about T8). I just bought an expensive stand. its 48Wx74Hx24D. I will be using the standard twin tube 4ft long T8 shoplights. I need everyones personal advice and experiences using these to grow violets. as you know all the 4ft T8 tubes are the 32W. what tubes should I buy. we don't have access to much here in Canada besides cool white. soft white. daylight. gro-lux WS. what combination of tubes should I use? how far above the tops of standards and semi minis? how many hrs per day to run the tubes? (this will be the sole light for them) I read everywhere that T8 destroys violets. bleaches them out, tight centers etc, I wanna make T8 shoplights work for violets like the T12 did. so fill me in on tips. and hopefully u can all answer my questions. again I will be using the cheap T8 twin tube 4ft shoplights. each tube will be the standard T8 32W

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH