SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay83

t8 lighting for violets...please help!

9 years ago

Hi, I used to grow violets beautifully using the GOOD fluorescent tubes..4 ft T12 40W 48 inch. I found the lucky distance thru trial and error from tops of plants (standards) to bottom of tubes was 10 inches for maximum growth and maximum flowers! now that was 3 years ago. I have since gotten out of it and sold all my twin tube T12 shoplights (stupid me :( ) now I noticed these days everything is T8 sadly. I have read many many horror stories online of how garbage T8 is. how they destroy plants. how theyre not suitable for growing anything living, much less a violet. I need everyones advice. experiences with the T8 32W twin tube 4 ft shoplights-thats what ill be buying for my violets.., what distance from top of plants to bottom of tubes (for semi minis and standards) what tubes to buy (cool white, warm white, ge kitchen and bath, gro lux, gro lux WS, or what combination works) how many hrs on, how many off. etc. I just bought a 74"H 24"d 48"W stand from home depot. three tier. I wanna set it up with twin tube T8 4ft shoplights. 32W tubes each. but after reading horror stories online I need to hear everyones personal experiences and advice using these to grow violets to help me out. as stated earlier all I can obtain are twin tube 4ft T8 shoplights and the standard 32W tubes.

Comments (10)