SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oath5

Should I move Crepuscule?

oath5
15 years ago

I'm very much a worrier when it comes to Crepuscule, I love this rose a lot but I'm constantly scared that I'll eventually loose it because of my marginal zone. Currently, it's home, and has been it's home for the past three summers has been on a sheltered east facing little garden bed next to our back porch steps. It gets morning sun, then some filtered sun at different spots throughout the day, then shade.

Now, Crepuscule really hasn't done much in terms of growth since I've purchased it, though it's covered in lots of new red growth right now. Has about three four flower buds currently. Ever since Nick Weber had stopped by to give me some roses I purchased from him, he had suggested at the time that I should move Crepuscule as it would do better in more sun. However I feel really relluctant to move it right now, and I'm unsure if moving it to the center of the east facing yard in the large new garden bed would be good as it would mean it is more exposed as opposed to being somewhat cradled by the stairs.

I was wondering if anybody in the colder areas with Crepuscule could share me where you grow yours? I'm wanting mine to be a shrub rather than a climber, though if moving it means moving it to the fence I might not mind.....

I feel like I should post pictures though, to give a better idea of what it's conditions are. My father says it gets plenty of sun, but for the sake of gambling against a wishy-washy zone I'd like to do whatever it takes to make it happy and prolific.

- Max

Comments (11)