SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
capeheart

Transplants? Not doing very well :(

CapeHeart
12 years ago

Hello Rosey Friends

I have transplanted a number of Roses in the past and they have made it through, this time I am not so sure this group will make it. I took out a number of Roses that unfortunately were not on a schedule for past few years meaning me taking care of them (maintance). Before moving them I cut dead wood and pruned. i prepared each hole with organic matter/ watered. A few weeks later sprayed Messenger and a few days ago gave them Bayer. When I first moved them they seem to like it, as to say "thank you" recently the leaves have yellowed and are falling off!!! I moved them when were were having quite a bit of rain but now I have to water them and I am careful not to over due it. I am wondering if it is because we now are very warm and when I moved them it was cool, damp and rainy. Some of the Roses are New Dawn, Iceberg, Bonica & Sally Holmes. The roses range from 9 to 6 years old.

I thought with the yellow leaves and falling off it meant over watering but that hasn't been the case. Maybe a delayed shock of being moved?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really want to save them!

Many Thanks

Chantel :)

Comments (15)