SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poaky1

Any Williamsburg, Va area tree peeps?

poaky1
9 years ago

I have posted on the Va gardening forum also. Anyone close enough to a Compton's oak to get some acorns in fall/ late summer? I have put in an order where I got my 3 previuos Compton's oaks, but they aren't sure about the acorn crop, I guess spring frosts had hit their trees they collect from. I am not sure when they ripen, late summer or in fall. I put my order in for 4 at Mossy oak nursery, where I got my 3 others. I actually am not sure my "late drop" live oaks will not do fine in the future, they had problems in their nursery with some. The Pa forum peeps said that winter 2013-2014 was a every 20 years bad winter. I will keep my Live oaks in the ground also, but anyone that can pick some Compton's oak acorns? I will pay 50 cents an acorn, just the ones that are ripe, tannish colored, no holes in them. With a maximum of 30 acorns, I'm poorish. I will send some to others on here that want some for $1.00 an acorn with the shipping included in the deal. I am not meaning to make a profit, I am guessing on prices here. Maybe 75 cents an acorn? I'll see if anyone will even pick and send some. I have a sick dog at home so a quick trip in fall isn't likely. He gets insulin 2 times a day, and Lasix for heart problems. Well, I hope someone is close to Williamsburg, va.

Comments (20)