SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfb

Any hope for huge Crape Murdered Myrtle?

Lil B
14 years ago

We bought a lot of land, where someone murdered one huge, old crape myrtle. I could just punch them for doing this to this beautiful tree. The story we heard was that the elderly neighbor lady caught them murdering this one and ran out and begged them not to begin on the others. Thank goodness she didn't mind her own business that day!

Now, that we are building our home, we need to landscape the backyard. One landscaper that visited the property suggested that we cut the Crape Myrtle down completely. He said it is now ruined and it will never recover. That we will get our yard looking nice and it will be such an eyesore. (Especially in the winter...I just want to cry when looking at it.)

Do we just take this poor Crape Myrtle out of its misery and finish it off? Or is there any hope? Since we have another large grouping of Crape Myrtles, we don't want to add more...but I sure hate to take down an old, mature tree.

We estimate the crape myrtles may be 60 years old, since this neighborhood was developed in the 1940s.

Thanks for your thoughts. Photos are below:

{{gwi:365184}}

{{gwi:365185}}

{{gwi:365186}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals