SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raisingmen

Newbie with pics, need help identifying and caring for...

raisingmen
14 years ago

Hello! I'm a newbie to the forum and to roses. I live in Northwest FL, some sources say zone 8, some say 9. All I know is it's hot, humid, and sunny!

Someone gave me 3 roses a LONG time ago and I'm just finding time to care for them. I've planted 2 of them in the yard and just found the third one that I'd forgotten about. (oops!) I'll start with that first. Supposedly it's a Seven Sisters and the only reason I remember is that it still has the little sign on it. Here it is:

{{gwi:291380}}
Still in the pot I got it in and looking kind of sad. I have done nothing to this poor rose. What should I do first? plant it in a larger pot? Plant it outside? cut anything off? feed it with...something?

Here's a closeup of the middle of it:

{{gwi:291381}}

Moving on, here's another rose. I planted this one last week next to the front of the house. It doesn't have much of a fragrance. Anyone know what it is?

Here's an overall view:

{{gwi:291382}}

Here's the flower:

{{gwi:291383}}

And lastly, I planted this one several months ago in front of the mailbox. It has a lovely scent! It has Cypress mulch around it. It has bloomed quite a bit so far. Right now it looks sparse because I dead headed it yesterday, but there are 2 flowers left and lots of buds:

{{gwi:291384}}

Here's a closeup of a flower, though it's kind of dried out:

{{gwi:291385}}

Any help on these is appreciated! I know nothing. Typically I have a black thumb. Thanks!

Comments (5)