SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaeone

Need Help super newbie, detailed pics inside

16 years ago

ok, thanks for looking and helping.

A. I am in love with plumeria. Finally getting my own set-up going.

I got a cutting last year, late spring, planted it, began to grow. I placed it in a "sun room" that gets about 10-12 hours of sunlight, and it gets very hot in there because its basically a small room with 7 windows. I gets very hot, 100 farenheit and up. I got about 12" of linear (vertical) growth during the summer.

I began to store it for winter, but then decided to get a 250W Metal halide light, and it has begun to grow again. I have been feeding with bone meal, once or twice a month. I fed with bone meal sparsely during last summer.

I have been providing the plant with 12 hours a day of light, about 8-10 inches above the highest leaves.

My questions are:

1. When should i stop artificial light and place in natural light?

2. What is needed to get flowering?

3. Is it ever too hot for a plumeria?

4. Is the pot im using too big/small to get flowering?

4. What can i do for next winter with the light?

5. An I expecting flowering too early?

6. I plan to keep this inside forever. What should i do to have a manageable indoor plant? when to cut? how to cut? etc.

I really want a flowering plant, but i fear it will just grow vertical.

I have take some pics, tell me what you think.

I realize im asking for alot of info, please hold back your flames, remember im a newby, but also very motivated to make a nice plant.

also, the pics have a yellow tint to them due to the lighting, the leaves are greener.

I have tried to be as detailed ad possible, if there is any other info needed, i will be happy to provide it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

{{gwi:1161772}}

{{gwi:1161774}}

{{gwi:1161776}}

{{gwi:1161778}}

{{gwi:1161780}}

{{gwi:1161782}}

Comments (7)