SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Views from the driveway, Gardens were there was once grass.

newyorkrita
13 years ago

I am so pleased with last years projects of putting all those daylilies in on the slope next to the driveway, starting the little annual garden and putting in the half round rose planters. It just looks so good in that entire area and it used to be just grass.

I started by putting in the little annual garden area last year, although I only had some annuals in there last year (therefore the name of that gardenbed). Then I put daylilies around the potted in ground tree you see there. Next project were those round and half round planters at the end of the drivway were I planted the roses. After that I moved daylily clumps onto the slope next to the drveway. All in all, it took the entire summer to get this garden section done. I just love it. So much better than the bunch of grass that used to be there.

{{gwi:289723}}

Looking thru the daylilies to the little annual garden. Taken from the driveway.

{{gwi:289724}}

From same angle showing this springs addition of the lupine section.

{{gwi:289725}}

Little annual garden all planted. Not all annuals anymore. It now has bulb lilies, tiny lupine plants between the lilies and the cosmos in front of everything. There are violas to the left and daffoldils at the very back for spring color.

{{gwi:289726}}

Rose planters at end of the driveway.

{{gwi:289727}}

BEE BOP rose in one of the planters.

{{gwi:289728}}

WING DING rose in one of the smaller side planters.

{{gwi:289729}}

And here you can see how the rose planters and the daylilies on the slope all go together.

{{gwi:289730}}

More of the daylilies.

Comments (18)