SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lemonpeels

help me pick some roses please

lemonpeels
16 years ago

Ok..here is my story, my wife and I built a new house..arts and crafts style, with a big back patio (antique pavers) and a back yard one side shade the other full sun. I would like to plant a cottage style garden with some roses in the full sun areas. I have already posted about cllimbing roses and have been recommended Quadra for my arbor, and William Baffin for the back end of yard. My question is..there are some other varieties available to me at wholesale prices thru a local nursery andc would like to get opinions on these. The places I am considering planting additional roses, are under my windows in my three season porch..so I would be looking for maybe 3 to form a hedge. I would also like a few for large pots, and finally I will have a small retaining wall/planter that will border the patio built in flagstone which will be approximately 12" high by 12" wide. The roses which are available are: Lady elsie may, carefree delight, carefree sunshine, rainbow knockout, double knockout, radrazz knockout, blushing knockout, pink knockout, nearly wild rose, red meidiland , and white meidiland. In addition can anyone recommend where to purchase the William Baffin and Quadra. Thanks in advance

Comments (5)