SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprille_gw

Help picking some roses for my Mom

aprille
16 years ago

Hi guys, my Mom is going through some stuff medically right now, she's getting over a serious heart attack from about a year ago and now has come down with Bell's Palsy - suffice to say she's pretty depressed right now and I am so far away I can't even give her a hug. I was thinking I'd like to surprise her with some roses - maybe that will cheer her up.

She lives in North Texas (McKinney) and has a decent size yard. Right now she's mostly growing HT's, Austins & Floribunda's, but I really want to introduce her to some of the older varieties of roses. I was thinking Noisette's, Tea's ... what ever might do really well in that climate without too much care as she can't really spend too much time out working the yard with her heart condition. Something that will really really thrive in her garden. I definitely want to include Pink Gruss an Aachen because of Randy ... any other suggestions? I'd probably narrow the list down to about 6 or so roses. She's got a lovely Pergola that was built last year that is crying for a rose to grow on it.

Any and all recommendations are welcome!

Thanks a bunch.

Aprille

Comments (14)