SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nyamo_gw

Stop and Shop Rescues (Pics!)

Nyamo
12 years ago

Hello everyone! Like so many others, I'm also one of the long time lurkers, first time poster =D. I've experimented with a lot of different plants and I have really taken to african violets. I have a terrible brown thumb but I'm slowly getting better.

So I just thought I'd post some pictures, today at Stop and Shop they have a 3 for $10 deal on african violets and they looked pretty healthy so I snatched three. Since I have never posted, I have also never posted pictures so bare with me if this doesnt work hahaha.

{{gwi:359290}} This is the first one, purple color flowers, purple ish stems with a nice green leaf.

{{gwi:359291}} Mostly white flower with a slight pink tint on the edges and dark green leaves. I'm slightly concerned about this one because it is really saturated with water. It was definately overwatered but so far the crown is very sturdy so I hope it dries out quickly.

{{gwi:359293}} This one I loved, it has two drastically different colored flowers, one mostly white and a little pink and the other vice versa. So pretty! Anyone know how this happens?

{{gwi:359294}} This is my little set up I have. I'm in a dorm room with very limited sunlight so I keep my plants under a fluorescent desk lamp. There is also my older AV in this picture and please please ignore my sad attempt at making leaf cuttings lol.

If anyone has any suggestions for a beginner with terrible luck, I've love to have it! Just keep in mind I'm in a very limited dorm room without much to work with. Also if you have any more professional or experienced opinion on how healthy these plants look. Thanks for reading!!!

Comments (8)