SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaylah_gw

Blizzards and a Rock and Roll Band in the Basement-Part Two

kaylah
15 years ago

The band ate up all the pancakes then proceeded on downstairs. This morning the blizzard arrived. Not even sure what to make of it. It has continued to rain every day since April 1. A coffee cup left on a picnic table is full of rainwater the following day, and I have made myself sick trying to work in this weather.

Lord knows we need the moisture. A local newspaper made a front page cover of the town's historic hotel under water and a boat floating around near the tenth floor with the caption, "We Need the Moisture."

I have never seen a blizzard in June, though I've seen some paltry flakes drop every month of the year. And that hasn't occurred since the '70's.'

Well, there ain't going to be any forest fires this year, nor any roses. 36 degrees right now.

This weather phenomena is caused by storms which arc up from the Pacific through Alaska, then drop down into Montana. There is one after another pumping in in the same monotonous fashion. They travel on to the Midwest to cause the tornados and flooding we've been reading about. Looking at the miles of land under water, I felt like one of the lucky ones.

Guess it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

The weather report says lovely and sunny for the weekend. Cross your fingers.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor