SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buford_gw

Cramoisi Superieur size and disease resistance

buford
10 years ago

Hi all, the three Metro Atlanta Rose Societies had a joint outing yesterday at the Historic Oakland Cemetery. The Cemetery was once a thriving old rose haven, but unfortunately in the mid 20th century, a lot of the old roses were removed. However, there is now a dedicated group that is trying to revive the gardens in the cemetery, including old roses.

While we were there yesterday, they were having a plant sale (how provident!). The roses were all cuttings from roses in the cemetery and although they were only put up last September, due to our great wet winter and spring, they all took and looked healthy and vigorous. I bought Cramoisi Superieur and Mutabilis. I have seen mature Mutabilis, so I know what I'm dealing with there, but I am not familiar with CS. I know it will get large, but how large here in the southeast? Also, how is the disease resistance? I only have one other china, Comtesse du Cayla, and she does well, gets some blackspot, but doesn't defoliate.

Here is a link to my photos from the outing if you are interested:

Oakland Cemetery

Most of the roses were not blooming. The staff at the cemetery were hoping that the rose people could identify some roses that they don't have IDs on. Some of you may remember the tornado that struck Atlanta a few years ago, that did major damage to the cemetery and they are still recovering. If you are ever in the area, it's a great spot to visit.

Comments (20)