SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaylah_gw

Flooding, Cold wind, and a Rock and Roll Band in my Basement.

kaylah
15 years ago

It's true. The river came out of its banks a couple days ago. Took out some mansions(they build right on the bank) and some middle class, too.
It's not over yet. Several days of rain caused this havoc and then that storm went to the MidWest to offer some tornados.It's been going on for two months. There were only five nice days in May.
The snowpack is above average for the first time since 1992.
The wind's blowing out of the east due to a pressure gradient east of the divide.It's 40 degrees on the porch at 9:30pm with a clear sky and a cold wind. There's a good chance of kissing my lilacs good-bye.
All my stuff is tucked into the greenhouse waiting. And waiting.
The rock and roll band in my basement has been playing the same song all evening. Lots of drumrolls. At least they got tired of Hey Joe by Jimmy Hendrix.
They are my son's buddies. There are five of them. Pat, Russ, Clint, Max and Tim. The floor is shaking.
I am thankful my son finally graduated in electrical engineering. He is making a satellite up at the satellite program at the college. Some dude from Nasa is coming to look at it to see if they are going to shoot it up. If they don't, he's not bringing it to the basement. No, I'm drawing the line.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH