SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roseaud

Desert Rose Leaves curling

RoseAud
9 years ago

Hello, this is my first time posting here and happy to be part of this forums.

I bought 2 desert rose plants that looked healthy and blooming 3 months ago. After 2 weeks of purchase I moved them into proper pots with a mix that I made of regular compost and some sand for drainage. I read that if you don't have cactus mix in hand this method works.

On the third week or 4th they dropped all of the blooms and the leaves started looking funny and curled up.

I water the plants once a week or twice. I use a moist meter to help me with that. I applied NPK 10-10-10 (small blue beads) to the soil twice so far and I have not seen any improvements with the leaves. I forgot to say that I have the plants in direct sunlight starting from the morning till early noon (7am~12pm) then it goes into shade. I avoid leaving them all of the day in direct sunlight because its pretty harsh at noon time here during summer.

The leaves themselves are green and smooth, there are no insects on them just a little colored from dust that I clean from time to time. The trunk is not soft. There were parts where rot was visible on the smaller trunks but I got that cut off and new growth was emerging fine.

I am in Dubai so the weather is pretty hot during the day and can be extremely humid in summer. And its been so as of late. The weather will start getting nicer and cooler as we go into Nov and onward.

I have attached a photo of the plant. I am wondering if there is anything I missed or doing anything wrong. This is my first time having this beautiful plant and would love to do what I can to make it look better

Thank you so much!.

Comments (19)