SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
divamum_gw

Brite Eyes a disappointment (how often should I spray it for BS?)

divamum
15 years ago

Howdy all.

I'm happy to say that my Alba Maiden's Blush has gone nuts and is blooming like a fool (I will now rate that plant as "indestsructible" since I was CONVINCED it was dead back in March), and my planted-before-winter baby New Dawns are also doing nicely, but my newly acquired Brite Eyes climbers, for which I had high hopes, are a mess. SERIOUS blackspot. Given that my research has them touted as a Knockout relative and praises it for similar disease resistance, I'm surprised and disappointed, especially when the other guys are doing really well DESPITE the wet weather (Alba has NONE, pink KO has NONE, the New Dawns have a tiny bit but just seems to laugh at it and don't care, and the yellow KO has a little but seems to be shrugging it off easily).

So, I got some Bayer Advance and gave everything a good drenching (it's the hose-attachment diseas and bug one). I know I've seen this in here but despite searching couldn't find the info:

how often should I spray?

I'd love to get these guys healthy if I can. Is once a week enough, or do I need to up the frequency for a bad case? I've picked all the leaves off, but it's a losing battle it seems, since we're getting rain almost every other night.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Comments (12)