SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sj681

when is the right time to repot my dr

sj681
10 years ago

Hi my dr is now in bloom for the first time I got it in may I had not idea what it was so I plant it just as I would have any other plant. Now I am concearned for the plant as you may have read in my previous post about a month ago I sprayed it with neem oil and now still unsure if its because of the neem oil I lost 2 leaves and the buttom leaves Of the plant still are slowly changing to a slight yellow. I plant it in potting soil mistake 1 and in a plastic pot mistake 2. I did not know about the caudex so I have no idea what mine looks like and I would like to know. I had it outside with not shade a month ago hoping the sun wouldhave helped it bloom but the same night I sprayed the neem oil rain fell for the first timein weeks and it poured so that's why I am unsure Of the leaf drop due to phytotoxicity or root rot since then I have it jn fullsun where rain can barely wet it and I always allow the soil to dry out. The last thing is I live in the carribean and my soil options are potting soil top soil sand and gravel How to repot with that and Do you remove all the soil before you repot ? Thanks for the answers in advance oh and How often Do they bloom I also watered it totally last week put the put onto the ground and slightly pulled the plant up about two inches jus so I could roll the pot to examine to sides Of the plant to see if anythinglooked like root rot but the root I saw look white I did not take the plant out fully because I did not want to interfere with flowering

Comments (8)