SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
west_texas_peg

Remind me what I can use to make tea

west_texas_peg
11 years ago

We moved last year and the property needs lots of TLC. Appears nothing was done for many years so the soil is in terrible shape with lots of weeds.

I have an Ash tree in bad shape. We hired someone to trim another of the Ash trees and I showed them this tree and asked if it could be saved...they said they would come back and apply some fertilizer to it, but they have not returned. So I started rabbit manure tea in a 5 gallon bucket a few days ago.

My poor memory has me looking on GW for ideas which helped me recall that I made weed tea in the past so today I started another 5 gallon bucket of that. I know in the past I make alfalfa tea and compost tea. Any other suggestions appreciated. We do not have a lawn so no grass clippings but occasionally I get them off of FreeCycle.

I have chickens...am thinking I can use the leaf litter we use in the chicken coop to make tea.

I have been trimming my cherry tomato vines back so I can actually reach the ripe ones....can I use the trimmings to make a tea?

Any other suggestions?

What rate of dilutions should I use?

Thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!