SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jake13_gw

adenium newbie

Jake13
11 years ago

I have recently been landscaping my yard, and going to the nurseries and looking at and buying new plants, reawakened my interest in indoor succulents and bonsai. I started with the succulents and bonsai during the eight years I lived in Tucson, Arizona, and would like to get involved again here in New York state.

Somewhere on the internet yesterday, I came across some adenium obesum, adenium arabicum and thai socotranum, which immediately caught my eye and piqued my interest in trying some of these fantastic plants. I've been researching the net all day, and found this forum among other sites. Needless to say, I'm finding all sorts of information, and now I'm trying to sort it all out.

I have just started to read the old posts here, so some of my questions may be answered there, but I've decided to ask the users of this Forum anyway.

I'm already seeing from some posts here that online sellers are a mixed bag, and satisfaction is not always guaranteed, so I'd like to ask you all for advice on reputable sourses for seeds and seedlings, as well as older plants. Also, I would like to try raising from seed, but is that recommended for someone so new to these plants? Are there any free or swap sourcesfor seeds or seedlings? and can someone recommend a good informational site for a beginner?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I've always liked the desert succulents, and these adeniums really interest me.

Jake

Comments (2)