SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bird_of_paradise

Progression - My First Small Group of Seedlings

Great weekend, everyone!

Your thoughts & tips will be greatly appreciated. These are in direct equator sun most days. I shelter them from torrential downpours (& getting washed out of their pots!). We're currently in rainy season.

GROUP 1

Sown: February 17, 2016

April 6, 2016

June 4, 2016 - Two weeks shy of 4 months. The tallest is 9" tall from soil line. Water bottle for comparison. All are beginning to grow multiple new leaves at each leaf node. Also, i'm seeing roots forming on the caudex right at the soil line. Repotted @3 months. Next repot will be to an 6-8" terra cotta pot, scheduled for August (@ 6 months old). Soil will be amended to a grittier mix at that time.

GROUP 2

Sown: March 13, 2016

April 6, 2016

May 20, 2016 - Disregard the lower left one (newer seedling not part of this batch).

June 4, 2016 - One week shy of 3 months. The tallest is 6" tall from soil line. They will be repotted next week.

Comments (81)

• wispymistyteacup
    7 years ago

Hi All !!! Been a while. Here are my Roger 3. They are still quite small but they are almost 7months old!!! They are stretching the containers they are in.

Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a) thanked wispymistyteacup
  • Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a)
    Original Author
    7 years ago

So glad you joined us, wispy. Time to repot! I hope you have some gorgeous roots.

NC ... still relatively good outdoor weather, right? Do you have them indoors or outdoors? Mine are also nearing 7 months (mid Oct) and are in 6" pots. They're outdoors full time and I'm secretly hoping to see blooms soon.

Careful w/hurricane Matthew.

• Related Discussions

Progress on my seedlings

Q

Comments (11)
    Woah woah woah! Never feel bummed! Take your successes and run with them, take your failures and learn from them. My first garden, I planted about 8 different kinds of seeds. You what I would up growing? Beans, and that was quite by accident! That year I even tried growing 2 indeterminate tomatoes in these tiny little containers with less then 1/2 a bag of soil each! (The coup de grâce was when I woke up one morning and all my beans looked like they had been in a fight with a weed whacker, covered with a layer of hail that looked like it had snowed). Then, the first time I tried starting seeds indoors, I killed every single transplant, except for 2 cabbages, because I didn't harden them off. You talk about naivety and feeling bummed? Holy cow, and we are only on year number one! It's been a while since then, though not nearly as long as a lot of people here (not that I'm calling them old or anything ;P) and now my failures are no longer as daunting. And believe me, there are quite a few of them, but I also have a lot more success, too. It's a learning thing, and the coolest part bout it is that there is always new learning! You never know it all because gardening is not one size fits all. You have to try new things, and try to improve old things to fit you, and your current situation. As for your seedlings in question: The good news is that if you loose any, you have time to redo darn near all of them. -I don't typically transplant onions, unless they are really crowded and/or I start them way too early. -Lettuce, I always direct seed. So, if your lettuce started indoors doesn't make it, you always have direct sewing as a back-up plan, and you wont be behind anyways. -The tomatoes, I wouldn't throw those ones out, but I would put in another batch of seed just in case. There is plenty of time for starting tomatoes yet. in fact, here in my zone 5 climate I don't start my tomato seeds until mid-late march, and I know a lot of folks around here who wait until April so, you'd be right on schedule if you popped some more in right now, or even if you waited a week or two. -The cabbage type plants, I'd also give it a couple weeks or so and then start some more seeds, just in case these ones don't make it or don't transplant very well. You are still at least 2 months out for your last expected frost, which is plenty of time to start another batch.
    ...See More

My first volunteer seedling....now what?

Q

Comments (4)
    It's probably a sucker, not a seedling, so it will be attached to the mother plant. It's chances of success will be highly influenced by how many feeder roots are attached to it. If you dig it up, put the pot in a saucer of water in the shade for a couple of weeks. Once it starts growing, it has roots.
    ...See More

My first Datura seedlings!

Q

Comments (43)
    It's not a real snapdragon, but a vine I saw while walking near my house. It's called a snapdragon vine even though it is no relation to snapdragons. My real snapdragons fell over in the rain too. If the blooms are fading go ahead and cut them back. They may bloom again before it gets hot. They don't like hot weather, but you can try keeping them in shade and letting them rest in the summer to bring them out again in the fall. If we have a really hot, dry summer they may not make it or may not be worth the space you have to give up. I plan to try cuttings of the little vine to get it planted in my yard. Like everything else around here it appears to be growing out of solid rock so no way to dig it up without killing it. It's really cute and I've linked to the thread below. Here is a link that might be useful: Link to previous thread
    ...See More

First bloom on my 3 year old seedling

Q

Comments (14)
    That is about the height of my 2 year old seedling that is trying to bloom - notching in at exactly 24 inches / 2 feet. I wasn't aware at how tall it was until I brought it in last night to put under a grow light -- comes right up to my hips / waist. Boy did it grow like a weed this spring / summer! Makes you proud that something you planted and grew from a small seed has grown to flourish and bless you with beautiful flowers, does it not?
    ...See More
  • wispymistyteacup
    7 years ago

Hi LatinLady.. Glad to be back. They are still outside for now. Been getting down to mid 50's at night now. They may be coming in at night. Thinking of 3 or 4 inch pots for these. I planted my last Roger seeds on June 26 and they are almost the same size! Maybe it's the community pot.

Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Oh, wow. Yes, they look like they're definitely ready for 3 - 4" pots. I am not a fan of community pots at all.

Please be careful with those roots. Allow soil to completely dry for a full week. Then gently tap the sides of the pot to loosen everything, tip on its side, and uproot the entire pot over newspaper.

You should have some lovely roots on these babies. I would love for you to share those.

Here are my 4 Roger seedlings, Group 2 of the original post, germinated mid-March 2016, so almost 7 months old. Two have begun lower self-branching. Like Rob, I am considering pruning two and letting the other two grow naturally for now.

Maria Elena

Original Author
    7 years ago

Rob,

Beautiful, Golden Bell ... I really like the form and how stocky it looks.

You're right about obesums growing straight up, which isn't aestheticly pleasing. As they get older, the seedlings eventually develop lower branching. However, I noticed that this leafing out doesn't really go anywhere on some seedlings until the top is pruned, then they take off.

I pruned a seedling at age 5 months from the three in group 1 above (original post). This encouraged the bottom branching to take off and produced additional branching. This particular seedling now has 7 branches.

Germinated Feb 20, 2016

Pruned July 9, 2016

Maria Elena

• bragu_DSM 5
    7 years ago

hmmm … we all seem to go thru a lot of lighters ... | ^_^ |

• halocline
    7 years ago

Maria - Isn't that awesome!! Sometimes it's a gamble, you may only get one replacement branch, or under more favorable conditions; you may get 3-5.

If you notice favorable branching lower on the trunk, trim the upper leaves (like Jericson) to allow more energy and light to reach the new growth.

Rob

Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a) thanked halocline
  • wispymistyteacup
    7 years ago

Update on my Roger Adeniums. These are three of the first batch, planted in March. ( One pot says May sorry ) I have three more to re-pot, planted in June. One of them is to the far to of the photo. They have grown a little more in the last two months. I'm so scared I will over water them so I'm keeping the pots small for now. Caudexes are about an inch wide now.

• katiedolittle
    7 years ago

HI wispy you ready for more seeds ? Have some lite pink and some hand pollinated white& red doubles

Roger

Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a) thanked katiedolittle
  • wispymistyteacup
    7 years ago

Hi Roger. Sure, I would love some!

• katiedolittle
    7 years ago

Hi Wispy lost your address can youmessage it to me

Roger

Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi, Whispy & Roger!

Nice job, Whispy. They've grown significantly. Do most have gorgeous double roots (legs)?

Here are my four ... Gave away one to a friend. The seedlings in front of them were planted in July and are exactly 1/2 their age.

My "Roger 4" were planted in March 2016. I have not pruned them because they aren't leggy. The first one on the left has branched on its own. These all currently have wide 2.5" "hips" and gorgeous gams ... They will be ballerinas once raised.

I will repot after they've bloomed, but no sooner than March 2017. Will post pictures of the roots then. I just don't want to disturb them before they bloom. Of course, will share blooms once they come in.

Maria Elena

• Francesco Switzerland ZH, 8a
    7 years ago

Maria Elena...they look so good! Lots of happy plants! :-)

Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a) thanked Francesco Switzerland ZH, 8a
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi, Francesco! The one that is blooming "bamboozled" me ... Of the first two buds, one aborted and the other opened into a quarter-sized flower. That's so tiny in comparison to the original flower. I'm waiting to see how the other buds develop.

This is the original bloom:

Maria Elena

• Pagan
    7 years ago

I just went through this thread and everyone's stuff is excellent! How cold does it get where you are, Maria Elena?

I have a couple of plumerias too and so far they've done nothing but take up space. Hmp.

Pagan

Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a) thanked Pagan
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi, Pagan -

The lowest current overnight temps in my area register at 72º F with 76 - 86% humidity and daytime highs in the mid 80s ... Muggy hot! It's very rainy this time of year and pours almost every night.

Plumerias ... I have 7 varieties (from cutting) growing in pots, awaiting inflo. We have the non-fragrant Venuezelan fiddle leaf white Alba growing inground. They bloom year-round here.

Are yours from branch cuttings or from seed? I'm sure you know that branch cuttings can be expensive and run from $10 - $65 each, but carry the biological age of the original tree and bloom the first year. On the other hand, seed grown plumerias take about three years to mature sufficiently to create an inflo.

If yours are seed grown, your patience will eventually pay off. My seed grown plumerias are left alone to fend for themselves ... Survival of the fittest, right? I don't mistreat them, but don't coddle them either. They really don't require much care, anyway. Mostly, I give them away (share the abundance) because, yeah, there's no room for non-performers in prime real estate. I just kept one of each variety of the seeds I've planted.

I hope you'll be enjoying fragrant blooms soon. Have a great weekend.

Maria Elena

• Pagan
    7 years ago

Oh very nice weather! No need for moisturizers lol

I only have token plumeria cuttings, I was just curious if they'd remind me of the camposanto of my childhood when they bloom. Definitely did not bloom the first year. Or the second. Or the third! Although this year was the first year I did not disturb and repot them so maybe next summer.

In the meantime my curiosities are in a 20-inch pot that take two people to move into the basement.

That white Alba is gorgeous.

Original Author
    7 years ago

Rob,

You know I'm a one-year-in, adenium novice-newby-apprentice learning at the feet of the Gardenweb community who has only grown obesum & arabicum so far. I have yet to experience all the other varieties. But I'm a savor-the-moment, step-at-a-time gal and need to stay right where I am for now ... until I see flowers and can finally weed out my brood of about 80 seedlings.

All that to say your barreled chada really makes me salivate each time I see it! I'll definitely be expanding my horizons next year ... I want (at least) one of everything, including that chada. Hey, it's a "collection," right? ;-)

Enjoy a wonderful weekend!!

Maria Elena

Original Author
    7 years ago

Pagan,

I cannot believe they haven't bloomed in three years. Well, they are now officially the age of mature seedlings and absolutely must bloom in 2017. They need lots of sun & water once they're in leaf. Try forcing them by letting them go dry 1-2 weeks then feeding them some bloom booster in April/May and repeat in July/August. Fingers / toes / eyes crossed!

I believe I just put two and two together! Ha! Is this you?

http://kalachuchiatbp.blogspot.com/p/ancient-adenium-obesum-campo-santo-de.html

I have that bookmarked ... Great wit, great read!!

Maria Elena

• Pagan
    7 years ago

Oh I didn't even think to do that. I'm definitely going to bring this up again in spring when it's time to get that fertilizer. I only use 9-3-6. I think I have an Ember something or other. And a something Rainbow. It's been so long! Sorry for going OT on your thread.

And yes, the sum of your integers is indeed correct. TFR!

Pagan

• Francesco Switzerland ZH, 8a
    7 years ago

Hi Maria Elena

Im sorry to hear that your plant aborted some buds. Unfortunately, one of my plants did the same but it still has some open buds so its not that bad. Hopefully, your plant will develop the other buds so that you and your family can enjoy them during christmas. :-)

Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a) thanked Francesco Switzerland ZH, 8a
  • halocline
    7 years ago

Hi everyone.

My new favorite saying: "there's no room for non-performers in prime real estate".

My only community planting of Roger's obesums.

I've been so busy, I haven't had time to transplant them until a couple days ago. (At least I know my seedling mix will keep Adeniums alive for several months.)

Transplant time!

These will be pruned back as well.

This one just got done blooming less than a month ago, and I was going to prune it back. But...

It has 7 buds on that apex, and at least 5 on the next one over.

S1+Chada

Rob

Original Author
    7 years ago

Pagan,

I was just reviewing this thread and it dawned on me that your plumerias may very well be "Toby's Fire" aka "Embers" from Jungle Jack's, a spectacular red rimmed orange bloom and "Intense Rainbow" from Jim Little Farms in Hawaii.

Plumeria · More Info

I have "Intense Rainbow," as well, but have not seen it bloom yet. I am awaiting a "Penang Peach," as well. I LOVE peachy flowers ... My absolute favorites. Hopefully this year!! I will take my own advice and give them all a bloom booster this spring and summer. Keeping my fingers crossed for us both.

You know, all my cuttings dropped their leaves when the overnight temps here dropped to 68/70 deg F except "Intense Rainbow" ... It is "cold"-hardy. Temps here have risen to an overnight low of 74, so it's officially spring. All the plumerias have that "sap" on their tips and "claws" are growing in. Will definitely update under another thread on the Plumeria Forum when they bloom.

Maria Elena

• eeyore94sooregon
    7 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Don't have any of those. If fact I think I killed my moms

Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a) thanked eeyore94sooregon
  • Pagan
    7 years ago

You got me curious, Maria Elena so I checked my order history. I have "Nebel's Rainbow" and "Lava Flow". I got both of them in 2013 so it's been a while!

Original Author
    7 years ago

Ha, now they all look alike to me!! I think "Penang Peach" is my favorite. I love plumeria because color intensity is directly determined by the amount of sun they get.

Here's my "Pink Pansy," which really has a different & interesting look:

Plumeria · More Info

Can't wait to see that in my garden and share it with everyone!

Alma, I'll pm you.

Maria Elena

• wispymistyteacup
    7 years ago

Updates on my Roger Adeniums

They are growing wider at bases since repotting them! They do did NOT seem happy at first and dropped some leaves.

Some seemed thirsty and went a little soft while putting out more leaves. Increased water a little. My pots are kinda light after I water so I've added a small amount of grit and cactus soil to the bark.

All together!! More pics coming soon. Thanks for everything everyone!

- Wispy

Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Update:

Of my original 5 Roger seedlings germinated in March 2016, 4 have presented their first blooms and one is taking its sweet time. Here are my latest Roger blooms (RG1), the first of which opened on 7/17/17:

Original Author
    6 years ago

Just to show the difference between seedlings from the same pod, here is the bloom of one of it's sisters (RG3) ... She has significantly less white.

• Agartta
    6 years ago

They are beautiful and healthy looking.

Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a) thanked Agartta
  • Rene Barfoot
    6 years ago

I purchased 4 of these on clearance at Walmart a few months ago. They were in very bad shape but each had a couple of leaves so I wanted to see if I could save them. The one that was in the worst shape has finally bloomed with lots of buds and is my absolute favorite color. I am researching soil before I repot them .

• Rene Barfoot
    6 years ago

On to my question... a week or two ago on another plant this strange thing appeared. Now there are 3 on the same plant yet no blooms! Is this a seed or something I need to be concerned with?

Original Author
    6 years ago

Hi Rene,

I'm so happy to hear you were able to save your Walmart finds and that they are thriving. That is a seed pod. Let it mature on the plant ... About three months. It will grow significantly larger as it develops. After 2 months, tie a light colored knee high or stocking leg, small weave mesh fabric or non plastic party bag over the pod ... the kind they use for candy coated almonds, but larger. Paper bags will also work but will let in little light and you can't see what's going on. Alternately, you can loosely wrap thread or ties cut from an old stocking (stretches & great as gardening ties) around the pod. This is to prevent the seeds from flying away when the pod cracks open, which it will do on its own ... An indication that it is ready for harvest. Again, do not remove the pod until it has cracked open on the plant or your seeds will not be viable.

Congratulations and all the best to you. Please post an update so we know how things are going. Also, please post this as a separate thread so you stay on topic. If you choose to do that now, you can copy and paste everything to a new thread you can begin here: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/adenium, then edit & delete the above post. Otherwise, you can make a reference in your new thread to your post here by cutting and pasting the URL from this thread to yours.

Looking forward to seeing your pods grow!

Maria Elena

• Rene Barfoot
    6 years ago

Hi Maria thank you so much for the information!! I am new to houzz and to actually commenting on any forums. lol I will try to begin a new thread.

I travel all over the country with work and live in a RV when working. This year I had a much longer break than I wanted (8 months and counting) waiting for my job to start back up in the next couple months. I decided to try growing plants while off. I started with Succulents which I love due to how easy they are to grow and propagate. Everything had to be in containers due to traveling so much. When I found these adeniums they looked so pitiful but for 3 bucks each I still wanted to try and save them. I am so glad I did. This coming from someone that has never really had many plants in my 52 yrs! Not thinking about what I would do when I head back to work I have now realized I will be finding homes for many plants. The ones I will take with me for sure is the adenium pictured (other 3 have same blooms) and the one with pods. Such a unique and beautiful plant! I am still scared to repot them though!! Any advice on soil? For my succulents I have used a mix of Miracle Grow Cactus potting mix, normal potting mix, sand and perlite due to nearly killing a aloe plant in just the Cactus mix. I have ordered a bag of Bonsai soil mix for a bonsai I am working on that will arrive today. I am not sure that would be a good choice for the adeniums or not. I live in south central Mississippi where the heat and humidity is aweful!!

Any advice would be much appreciated! I am trying to do as much research on these unique beauties as possible.

Rene'

Maria Elena (Caribbean - USDA Zone 13a) thanked Rene Barfoot
    Original Author
    6 years ago

OK ... The quick course:

C&S soil mixed 50/50 with perlite is fine for adenium. What type of sand are you using? Only use course gritty construction (river) sand for plants. If you have some, you can add two handfuls to each gallon of soil you mix. the resulting mix is loose, airy, and fast draining. It will work for all succulents, including adenium. The more sun you give your adenium, the better ... It will store up energy for blooming. Water when the soil is completely dry 1-2" down. Also, adeniums need to be fed weekly, weakly @ 1/4 strength. A complete fertilizer like 14-14-14 is fine. Keep plant out of heavy consecutive rains ... It can rot.

Wow! $3??? That's insane!

Note: Fine beach sand is like glass and full of salt, which will kill any plant.

All the best to you on your job & with your bonsai.

Maria Elena

• Rene Barfoot
    6 years ago

Thank you so much for all of this info!!! I'm not sure the sand I had. I believe it might be "toy box" sand! I've had it for a few years in a container. Might just pick up a bag to make sure I am using correct kind.

Yes 3 bucks each!!! They really looked bad but I do know if there is a little new growth there is a chance of survival. Recently Lowes had exact same ones from same supplier for $20 and mine actually looked better so I'm kind of proud of them.

Did not know if full Mississippi sun was good for them so I have kept them on my porch where they get a few hours each day. I have a perfect spot for them so I will gradually move them to get full sun and just move them back on rainy days.

Thank you again for the information! I just loves these beauties!

Original Author
    6 years ago

Enjoy them, Rene. I think if full Caribbean equator sun is fine for them, so is Mississippi sun.

M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I ... I won a national spelling bee when I was a shy little girl (ages ago) on that spelling!

• halocline
    6 years ago

I guess it's common place to find Adeniums at the big box stores (HD, Lowes) down South. It's completely out of the question here.

Here's one of my "Roger obesums"; with a "Fuchsia Flame" graft.

Rob

Original Author
    6 years ago

Nice job, Rob. Time to pot up? It's roots appear to be deforming the pot. They want to break free!

Yeah, they're considered tropicals, so rarely found in big box stores in cooler climates. I never saw one in NYC except at a high end specialty bonsai shop. Let alone for $3! What a steal!! I, too, would snatch them all up and nurse them back to health, regardless of bloom, caudex, root structure, etc.

Did you see my Roger obesum blooms posted above last Sat/Sun? Three of the plants' blooms each had varying ratios of red, pink, white ... So different coloration of flowers from each seed from the same pod.

Maria Elena

• Rene Barfoot
    6 years ago

LatinLady thank you for the info regarding sun. I am still trying to learn about these beauties for sure!

I got a chuckle about the spelling of Mississippi! When we were young we use to say M - I -crooked letter - crooked letter - I - crooked letter -crooked letter - I - Humpback Humpback - I. It was a way to learn the crazy spelling! I now use it to count my seconds when I don't have a timer! Hahaha Congrats on the spelling bee years ago ;)

• Rene Barfoot
    6 years ago

Hi Rob, I live in a area where there is very few garden shops unfortunately. There is one I found this year that has beautiful Succulents but only a few small cactus. They did not have any Adeniums at all.

I actually had never heard of them until I happened upon these poor ones at Walmart just running thru the garden area one day. So glad I took a chance on them. Only issue I am noticing is one plant has some leaves turning brown on the tips then yellowing. Any idea what is going on and a solution? I just noticed it so I moved that one away from the others. The ones that have had leaves turning yellow before falling off are doing much better but they did not turn brown.

It is frustrating living so far away from a area that we can't find everything we need. Can not find any "equal numbered" fertilizer like 20-20-20 except for 1 all purpose 4-4-4 which you sprinkle around the soil anywhere here. What fertilizer do you recommend? I am hoping Amazon has what I need simply because I can get within a day or 2.

I am new this year to any type gardening be it inground or container! Sorry for asking what some might think are crazy questions.

Your Adeniums are beautiful by the way!

• halocline
    6 years ago

Rene - I just posted this the other day on another thread. Amazon currently has my favorite fertilizer at the lowest price I've ever seen, and it's "Prime".

https://www.amazon.com/Dyna-DYFOL032-Foliage-9-3-6-Ounce/dp/B004A27DJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501378692&sr=8-1&keywords=dyna+gro+foliage+pro

The leaf damage may be from sunburn, or that Walmart over waters all their plants until they're purchased, or dead. I would remove them.

Maria - Yeah; I saw the pics. I let that R. obesum flower for a couple of weeks, but I have transplanted it since. In turn however, it dropped all of it's blooms.

Strangely enough though, the "A. Fuchsia Flame" mother plant has just started blooming.

Rob

• Rene Barfoot
    6 years ago

Thanks Rob! I just received my Dyna Foliage 9-3-6 about 30 min ago!! Love Amazon Prime! Hopefully mine will be happy after getting some much needed food this evening! How often do you feed yours? I am having to water at least every other day with this heat. I will finally be repotting within next the couple of days.

• halocline
    6 years ago

Rene - You can use by label instructions, however I've adjusted/reduced the suggested amount per gallon; so I can fertilize at every watering (A.K.A. Fertigation). That comes out to be 1.25ml per gallon. Although, if you choose to use this method, make sure you give your plants a good flush with plain water at every 6-8 waterings, as to reduce the build up of salts.

To save time and space, I mix 4ml per gallon, then dilute further (by eye) when actually putting in my watering can.

I use an array of nutrients, but in addition to the FP 9-3-6; I would recommend one other "Dyna-Gro" product, "Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt". This help's increase the plant's immunity to disease, and pests. (I use 1ml per gallon of water.)

https://www.amazon.com/Dyna-Gro-Pro-tekt-Tek-032-Silicon-Supplement/dp/B000E1VZHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501838651&sr=8-1&keywords=protekt+dyna+gro

NOTE: Never mix undiluted "Pro-Tekt" and fertilizers together! Always fill your container with water first, then add the products. (This info is stated on the label instructions.)

If you would like more info about the other nutes I use, just ask. :-)

Rob

• 1beautylover2012
    6 years ago

Hello All! I am a new adenium grower. Just ordered some seeds from Mr. Ko and already have little babies with 2-3 tiny leaves.

I am reading a lot here on Gardenweb to be able to take care of my new plants. I've seen a lot of "Roger's obesums" and started google it because I love to have a plant with "fat" caudex, but didn't find any info. Then I realized it's one of you guys - Roger. Hi Roger! How can I get some seeds from you, please? I live in Columbus, OH and will grow my plants under the lights on the big shelves. I have a few questions, but will post it a bit later. Really need the advice from experienced growers. Thank you!

Polina.

• katiedolittle
    6 years ago

HI Polina I do have a few common obesum's seeds left from last fall ( maybe 3mo. Old) message me your address and how many you need

roger

• 1beautylover2012
    6 years ago

Message to where? I don't have your phone number.

• katiedolittle
    6 years ago

Hi Polina tap the little flower by katiedolittle my home page will come up in the upper right should be a little message box that way you can send a message to only me if that don't work let me know and I will give you my e mail ( lynng1@hotmail.com)

roger

• wispymistyteacup
    6 years ago

I love my Roger Adeniums. I hope they bloom this year.