SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pancake1_gw

Suggestions on type of shade tree for backyard gap

13 years ago

Hello,

I have ~25 feet wide gap in my backyard that during the summer, the sun lands in that gap. I have a nice deck outside but in NC, it is too hot to be out there without any shade. What tree do you suggest I plant? Tree needs to be fast growing (since I keep messing up with the wrong tree in there), narrow (15-25 feet wide), and tall. Currently, attached is a picture of what my backyard looks like. About 20 ft. from the deck railing, I planted a "pin oak" but will want to replace with the new shade tree that you suggest. 4 ft behind the pin oak is veggie garden 12'x16'. I hope this new shade tree won't shade too much to hinder my veggies from growing. But it might be okay as the sun sets behind the fence. After the veggie garden is a pear tree. Then 4ft from the pear tree is my fence. I should have planted the shade tree where the pear tree was but back then, but I had no idea what I was doing (still today not knowing what I'm doing- hence the pin oak tree)...so any help/suggestions would be wonderful!

Thank you!

Comments (2)