SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northerner_on

I am so sad...

northerner_on
14 years ago

I just received the news that my uncle has died of pneumonia at the age of 92. He is my mother's last brother, and that leaves one of her generation alive. The reason I am so sad is that he has formed much of my love of the outdoors and digging in the dirt. I did so many things with him as a youngster and loved visiting his garden. He has never been sick - just stopped eating and drinking last Thursday, was admitted to hospital on Saturday and died today. He was an extraordinary gardener, could grow anything, beautiful roses, grafted plants the old way, grew prized birds, raised goats and chickens, could build anything for the garden. He was actively gardening until his death. I last visited him in 2006 and he gave me several sets of seeds, which I grew and shared with many of my gardening friends, so he will always be in my garden. Although I did not expect him to survive pneumonia at his age, I am still in a state of disbelief and I am so sad. He had a good long life and was well looked after by a very devoted daughter. He was very close to one particular grand-daughter just 9 years old, she must be so sad. Just wanted to share this news with you. Thanks for listening.

Northerner.

Comments (14)

Sponsored