SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greendale_gw

I am so sad and mad...

greendale
11 years ago

Got this Braided Pachira 2 months ago from Lowe's, It is still in its original soil and pot, I planned to re-pot it into gritty mix when spring comes. I have been watered once as I checked the soil it is moist all the time. I checked everyday but today I find that one trunk is dying. I think it started couple days ago but somehow I missed it. (this and the not re-potting are the mad part). The upper part of the green branch looks fine and leaves are still green, but the bottom part of that green branch is change to gray/brown and wrinkly. The hardwood trunk is wrinkle too, you can almost feel that the bark and the center wood is separated. Is it a goner? Other trucks are doing fine although there are leaves turn brown and falling off - but there are some new leaves growing also. I searched the forum and see most people had the same problem. But never get the reason and answer why (Cold, wet, less light?) it is happen or how to save this trunk, It is so sad that one of the 5 trunks are going to die. Also,when I bought it in Lowe's, there are other trees which have the same symptom - one trunk is obvious dead - the bark is brown and wrinkle.

TIA

The picture of whole tree

Comments (8)