SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

Your favorite pink and white Hybrid Perpetuals?

luxrosa
15 years ago

I'd like to learn more about H.P.s, because I've grown several and am still searching for my hearts' desire, a healthy

-medium to rich rose pink H.P.,

- that is healthy enough for a no spray garden, near San Francisco.

-Damask fragrance. Because my neighbor has a pink H.P. growing from under her hedge, it looks like it might have been planted decades ago and later owners of the property just planted over it. Though it is very fragrant it has a skunky myrrh-Damask scent, actually the scent reminds me of the scent of a barnyard with roses planted near it.

I'd love to have an arbor over a pathway covered with fragrant pink H.P.s and wonder if 'Charles XII' would grow tall enough for 2 plants to serve that purpose. Its' photo at Ashdown is exquisite. Is it healthy when grown on the northwest coast of California?

White H.P.s

Can anyone report on the health, beauty and fragrance of 'Candeur Lyonnaise'?, is it a prettier rose than 'F.K.D.?

Pink and White H.P.s I've grown or known well.

'Everest' I've only seen two or three plants and they were c. 3' tall, with rather plain blossoms.

'Gloire Lyonnaise' this did have the chrome yellow hue reported of the true cultivar, however its' foliage was smooth and plain and H.T. like, and the plant suffered badly from b.s., where 150+ cultivars of roses did not.

Pink H.P.s I've grown:

Arrilaga' not just another pink rose. Starry pointed petals, satiny blooms, of a hue that vintagegardens calls 'silvery pink'.

'Mme. Boll' I fell out of love with this, after I possessed it. Fickle me.

'Jacques Cartier' now 'M.B.'Pretty pink, flat dial shaped roses, very fragrant. I also loved its' pretty and abundant rich green foliage, for using in bouquets with other roses.

'Grandmothers Hat' which I like well enough but it bleaches to nearly white in the summer, does anyone have a photo of its' deeper pink sport, 'Tina Marie'?

'La Reine' a pretty plant, but it doesn't wow me as I feel it should.

'Mrs. John Laing' one of my top three favorite pink H.P.s.

Sydonie' much like M.B., of a refreshing hue of pink, very fragrant.

Thanks for all of your advice,

Luxrosa

Comments (3)