SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zone6_nj

Status of new DA roses

zone6-nj
10 years ago

Hey everyone,

How are you? Hope all is well. I received my order from chamblees last Thursday, and put them straight in the ground the same day. With the exception of the 2 they forgot in my order of 15 roses, I would have to say I was very pleased with what I got.

Sceptred Isle had a nice bloom on it, and I have to say I love the myrrh fragrance

Golden celebration was the first bloom I saw when I opened the box, large gold and smelled amazing

Sharifa Asma and evelyn made my day though, that day we had a little wind and the both of them only had one bloom on each but still managed to smell them from around 10 feet away!

Was a little disappointed with molineux though, was so small, I have received bands from heirloom larger than it, but I'm sure it will grow fast.

Others that have bloomed since are

William shakespeare 2000, already got like 3 requests from people asking if I can get it for them

I have a few others, not all bloomed though yet. I'm waiting like crazy for Gertrude to bloom, it has a bud that has stayed the same size for about a week! However I guess that's normal because heritage's bud size hasn't changed since last Thursday as well. Overall I'm very happy, however would love feedback on the following issue:

Today we had a nice day, the sun was strong and I would say its 75 degrees outside. Abraham Darby had a bloom that was mid opening but now the petals are soft and look crisp. I noticed sceptred isle has the same issue, not so much crisp but they seem to droop. If it's only May and this is happening, I can only imagine how they will be on a hot July-August day. Did I just need to water them more to prevent that? Anyone have luck in helping the flowers from getting like this in the sun?

Thanks in advance, and I'll definitely post pictures of all in them real soon!
Have a good one,

Drew

Comments (10)