SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiffy_z5_6_can

Getting back into the swing of things.

tiffy_z5_6_can
15 years ago

Well, I haven't been composting since early last fall. Didn't realize it was something which could be missed. Wednesday I started a new pile with about 200 lbs. of wet UCGs (used coffee grounds), shredded leaves and a few alfalfa pellets to kick start. Oh, and a kitty litter bucket full of banana peels.

Today I stuck the old thermometer in and things are at 120F already. Nice to know I haven't lost my composting touch. :O)

Bought a new reel mower to replace gas mower. Discovered that they are NOT that hard to push and are quite easy to use for our lawns. It's a 20" and cuts a good path. It even has a 'catcher' so I'll be able to add those grass clippings to the compost too.

Really missed making and keeping that hot compost this past winter. There's just something about keeping it going that keeps ME going. This was the first time in 4 years that I hadn't done winter composting and it was also the first time in a while that I had back issues throughout the winter months. As I turned the pile today I promised the worms to keep them snug and warm in all winter months from here on.

Just some thoughts...

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths