SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphires3

Share your memories here - Please!

sapphires3
14 years ago

All generations welcome!

OK - this is a spin-off of the cheap seeds thread on the discussions side.

I want your memories. My kids and I love to hear stories from different people about the ways they used to play (and work) as kids, and they love to re-create them.

i find that we get different ideas from people in different regions - my mother, who has spent her entire life in cities is a great source of things like jump rope rhymes, snapping your chewing gum, and games involving stoops and "pinkies" (spalding balls)

One lady who has lived in the country her whole life recently shared that she and her sister used to lay on the floor at night and listen to the radio shows and drip candle wax in different colors on to waxed paper, let them cool, and then use a needle and thread to string them into jewelry. I've located radio shows free on the internet, and have to run to the dollar store for candles. My girls are very dissappointed at how long it is taking me to pull this one together, lol.

Holly hock dolls

Looking for faces in pansies

corn husk dolls

planting parts of "dinner" and making new plants - potato eyes, carrot tops, avocados. . . Magic!

My friends and I used to love to play school - there was something so *official* about being allowed to use the chalk - *just like the teacher*. Even though it's mostly dry erase markers in school now, I have made sure my kids have a small chalkboard and chalk, lol.

Please add yours, and I'll add more as I remember them. I'll probably have to wait until the kids wake up to ask them, lol.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21