SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Help pls, Staking problems and plant id (3 pics)

aliska12000
14 years ago

I post some nice things. Now it's time to deal with some of the uglier problems, this is in front which has been neglected while I've worked hard on the back.

After all the rain, my coreopsis were leaning but not lying on the sidewalk. So I staked them up with all I had. Bamboo stakes wouldn't have held so I used fence posts. They are full of buds and have multiplied. They need to be divided, thought I'd do that next spring or fall if ok, and don't want to lose this first crop of blooms. So I tied them w/landscape tape and their buds are all facing backwards. Maybe I ought to move the tape down a bit and the buds will right themselves? I tied up my clematis and the leaves have completely hidden the tape, but I doubt the coreopsis will do that. After they bloom, I'm cutting them back. How far down can I cut back to get more blooms this year and maybe they won't lean so much and I can take off that stuff?

{{gwi:238362}}

My perennial gypsophilia finally has set buds after waiting 3 years now, but only have two sparse plants of it left. It was in danger of bending and breaking or falling to the sidewalk, so I tied that to a bamboo tripod. Should I pinch it back after it blooms, don't want to lose the buds now as I want to see what they are like? These photos it's a little hard to see what I am talking about.

{{gwi:238364}}

Then this thing is growing in front of my Canterbury Bells, and it doesn't look like those. Is it a weed that I should pull or does anybody know what it might be? If a weed, it's taking up valuable space while I wait.

Advice appreciated.

{{gwi:238366}}

Comments (8)