SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
captainkb_gw

Swap snowblower motor?

captainkb
14 years ago

I picked up a free snowblower today. Toro 824. It has a hole blown in the block. I am wondering how I can swap a new or rebuilt motor in this snowblower?

I really don't want to replace the block and deal with the rod that broke or the piston issue, valves and stuff. Does anybody know of a web site that can tell me what the shaft size is on this engine? I would rather put a B&S engine in this chassi anyway, but I need to find out the shaft size to match it up.

model 38080

ser. 0001993

The Toro web site does not state what the shaft size is for the Tecumseh engine, all I have is the engine model # HM80-155291P.

Any help would be great, boy if only need to stick a $200 referb engine or a brand new snow king 5hp motor in this chassi that would be great.

I have a old 1 stage mtd, and I wouldn't mind putting some money into the chassi of this 2 stage toro to get a decent blower out of it and retire the 1 stage to someone else. It looks like eveything else on the 2 stager looks in working order, just the bad motor.

I think this is a 1993 year snowblower, cuz of the ser. #. That would be a 16 year old blower, kind of did its life, but could get a new heart....

Thanks,

Kirk

Comments (5)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012