SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turbo3

Sprinkler Valve Stuck Open

turbo3
13 years ago

I was testing my system this morning when I heard a scary noise. I noticed an immediate pressure drop on Zone 5 and then realized why, Zone 2 was stuck open. I unplugged my controller, but it was still open. I opened the valve box and noticed water leaking from the zone 2 valve. After shutting off the main valve and removing the solenoid and valve I noticed a big crack. The system is about 10 years old and the part number is 100 DVF-A. The problem seems to be not many stores seem to carry this part.

Some photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/106652854665747662908/Rainbird100DVFA?authkey=Gv1sRgCPOVwY_L1tO3XQ#

Now for my questions.. I assume the solenoid is still good and the crack in the valve is why it stuck open. Any suggestions here would be helpful. I plan to only install the top part of the valve (cracked part). and keep the base as otherwise I would need to unscrew it, which I"m unsure about. Is this ok? Finally, when I turn on the solenoid, nothing moves, so I'm not sure how this works. I removed the zone3 solenoid and it doesn't move either, so I'm guessing that since zone 3 works, they both work, somehow. Thanks.

Comments (3)