SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paddle_gw

TORO really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paddle
17 years ago

I just ended many months of research on snowblowrers and ended up purchasing a Power Throw 522. Seems like a good machine, compared the the Areins, Simplicty, Sears. From what I needed, size of driveway hope it does the job,cost $1100(canadian funny money)

I noticed after reading the manual(clearly states "DO NOT OPERATE WITHOUT HEAT SHIELD IN PLACE!") there was NO heat shield! I figured they forgot to put one on, so i called Toro and they said it was an OPTION. I could not believe they wanted another $40 for the shield, which i felt was a safety issue. Even in thier snowblower booklet the shield is clearly on their motors, yet you have to order one!Whats going on???All competitors had the heat shield as a standard safety part!

I called a couple of times and they basicaly said your"s**t" out of luck! you want one , order it! These guys got nerve! I'm tempted to return the machine but dealer is far away, so I will boycott toro and spread the word!! They may have good product, but their service SUCKS!

thanx for putting up with my rant

jim

...............i feel better

Comments (13)