SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diane49_gw

filling a raised bed

diane49
16 years ago

Hello everyone

Iam a new gardener and I have really messed up big time. I am going to do a raised bed (1) 4 x 8 x 16 and (2) 4 x 8 x 12. I have no soil to put in so I bought many bags of the miracle gro organic garden soil. Not being up on gardening when it said garden soil I figured I would buy enough bags to fill my raised bed. I never looked at the back of the bag dah!!!!! just assumed that it was soil and could just fill my raised bed with it. Well lo and behold when my husband finished unloading them into the garden area some were backside up and there were the directions not to be used all by itself but to be mixed with native soil which i have none. What I also don't understand is if this is organic why does it say use gloves etc when taking out of bag and placing. this says it is a soil improver so does that mean since i was going to use it in a raised bed that I shouldn't use it. I am all confused. I am determined to not let this stop me from gardening but now i don't know where to go from here. Should I return all these bags and do something different or what. I learned a big lesson in that don't assume anything because it can really make a mess of things. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Comments (7)