SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lola_lemon

Hybrid tea acts like a floribunda?

lola-lemon
11 years ago

My mother in law rustled a wonderful blue rose from a defunct public garden some 5 years ago. She thought it was Sterling Silver as it is very much like it. The blooms are average sized and fullness, even- toned, lilac colored hybrid tea form blooms ...which are INTENSELY fragrant (lemony)!! (more than crysler imperial or oklahoma)

It is thornless.

It bears these roses in large clusters (sprays of 5 or 6 - no single long stemmed blooms -though a few doubles and triples on 4 inch stems max). All blooms are full sized.

It is prolific.

I thought it was maybe blue moon climbing- but MIL doubts it would climb. (but then again, she grows 4th of july in a 6 gallon pot for a decade now)

The buds have pink tinges, but the blooms are an even colored lilac with no pink edges and no ruffling.

It's lived in a 5 gallon pot since she rustled it (never renovating, root trimming or etc. also suffers frequent neglect and drying out. )

It is grown in SF area, on the waterFront- and is pretty healthy even tho its neighbors (ingrid bergman and oklahoma pour out the rust)

It was severely pruned earlier this year so it is now a very full 2.5 x 2 foot shrub. It was fed then too. No idea what it would accomplish in the ground

Is it So similar to Sterling Silver- but the floribunda sprays of blooms

perplex me!

Is it possible it is still SS? Or is there anything else like it?

(oh -- it's not likely it is neptune as it is atleast 8 years old)

Comments (15)