SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irrigationwoes

Irrigation problem and pump reset

irrigationwoes
14 years ago

Hi,

My 4 zone irrigation system keeps tripping the water pump and I was wondering if any of the experts on GardenWeb know why. Our mains water supply feeds a large water deposit and this supplies a pump that sends water to the house and to the irrigation system. A Rainbird controls 4 solenoids.

Recently, the pump would trip almost daily when the irrigation system was in the middle of its cycle. Sometimes it was fine, but most times it is tripping. The strange thing is that the pump works fine for say, hosing the garden or filling the pool. Also, the manual operation of all the solenoids works fine. There is certainly enough water feeding the pump - I can irrigate manually for much longer than the RainBird cycle.

My RainBird was having some problems recently in that it was not obeying its schedule - I have an odd day schedule and it was coming on every night. The only other thing that has changed that is water-related is that our house boiler was repressurised after it went faulty.

Could a faulty solenoid or RainBird trip the pump and what is the best way of proceeding to diagnose this problem? Many thanks.

Comments (11)