SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steve_lt160

Estimates from contractor

steve_lt160
17 years ago

Hello everyone. This is my first post in this forum but probably will not be the last. My wife and I are getting estimates for a sprinkler system for our lawn. The system will need to cover approximately 1/2 acre. The yard is sloped in some areas and broken up a little by landscaping. For the most part the yard is open.

I had one guy come out last week and in a matter of an hour and half he came up with an estimate. He placed flags were the heads would be placed and tested our water. I don't have it in front of me but he said I would need 43 Hunter Rotors to cover the yard, 2000 ft of pvc pipe, 6 valves, Timer, etc. His price....roughly $6398.00 I asked what his cash price would be, he said 5700. I have one company that is supposed to come out, they are currently working a few houses down from ours on our neighbors. She was supposed to come to our house Monday at 10:00 am but never showed (it was raining) so at about 12:00 I called her and oh she was just getting ready to call me. So now the contractor is coming on wednesday, but she said it would take her a couple of days to come up with her estimate. She said she draws up plans and goes over in great detail what she would be doing to our lawn. I really believe she does good work but they have been at my neighbors house for about 9 days doing what she told them would take 5. I am still waiting to hear back from other contractors to help with my decision.

Any feed back from past experiences is appreciated.

Comments (7)