SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avcharles

low sprinkler head spay

avcharles
17 years ago

i'm going to make this simple and to the point but may get lengthy. keep in mind that i am new to the whole lawn irrigation thing, so excuse my terminology.

last summer we had a hunter sprinkler system installed containing 7 zones, pgp rotary heads, spray heads, pgv valves and a pro-c controller.

during last summer the sprinkler installers had to return twice in order to adjust the sprinkler heads correctly so that each sprinkle head sprayed the way it should.

in fall of last year we had the sprinkler system turned off by the sprinkler company and flushed.

this summer they returned back and turn the system back on for a nice fee of $70.

the issue that i am having is that i was not home when they turned the sprinkler system on this season nor was i home last summer when the installers adjusted the sprinkler heads to spray correctly.

i notice that in one of my zones which contains 5 rotary heads that for one of the heads the stream of water is very low, it's like as though the sprinkler head is pissing, it does not have the same spray force as the rest of the heads in that zone.

how do i go about correcting this issue? do i adjust the sprinkler head itself with the radius distance or does it involves using the valves at the control box? does it have to deal with pressure issues in the main water supply? i know we do not have any broken pipes or solenoid issues because the system was installed less than a year ago. really don't want to call the installers because i know it will take them another two to three weeks before they get here plus another $70 maybe.

i know that correct the issue is real simple, i just want to make sure i do it correctly and not damage the sprinkler system.

Comments (2)