SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fourwheelcycle

Stihl BR600 Leaf Blower

fourwheelcycle
15 years ago

After years of spending two days raking leaves each fall to clean up our yard, I just bought a Stihl BR600 backpack leaf blower. I have to say, this is the right tool for the job!

Our yard is surrounded by woods. I used to rake the leaves into piles and then stuff them in a large plastic trash can to carry them over to the woods. I bought a much smaller Stihl hand held leaf blower may years ago, but it was not powerful enough to move the leaves once they built up into piles. I bought a vacuum bag attachment and it has worked well to vacuum up scattered late-falling leaves and leaves left in tough to rake areas between the shrubs and our house.

I saw that the professional lawn services, which charge about $280 in our area to clean up fall leaves, use backpack blowers. Although the Stihl BR600 cost $479, the job it does on leaves is amazing. At 1/3 power it will move leaves across the yard until they build into big piles. Then at 1/2 or 2/3 power it will move the piles right over to the woods. It will even blast the first four feet of the woods clear of leaves with no problem. I did our whole yard in about 2 1/2 hours.

Compared to the cost of professional lawn services, the Stihl BR600 will pay for itself in two years, and I expect it will also work great for other jobs like clearing our driveway of winter sand and debris next spring.

Comments (13)