SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redsky42_gw

Poulan Pro, First Saw

redsky42
15 years ago

I'm just a humble home owner with a small cast iron stove. It provides about 50% of my heat during the winter. I get my wood where I can, free if possible, though I'm pretty picky. I won't burn pine or any sappy wood and I try to get it seasoned when I can. A lot of the time I end up with some pretty knarly pieces as a result. I also split all my wood by hand. My best friend is my splitting maul and a 5 pound short handled maul to match. A small hatchet gets my kindling. I needed a saw to help clean up the difficult pieces; so, I just bought my first saw yesterday. It's a 14" Poulan Pro and YES I even got it from Walmart. I had no way to try any saws out and we're EXTREMELY tight budgeted this year. I bought it based on its affordability and the knowledge that my dad had a Poulan micro that lasted him a good 15 years or so. He took good care of it and I plan to do the same. I realize this saw is not meant for hard work and I don't plan on using it for any. I guess this will probably turn into more of a journal about what happens along the way. Is there anything specific I can be expecting or watch out for? Naysayers and diminutive thinking repliers need not do so. I'm looking for hard experiences, not lambasting. Oh, one quick question, I know this is not a professional saw, I'm not expecting it to be and not using it to that end, but why is called a Poulan Pro? Just marketing gimicks?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz